On June 20, 2016, approximately 200 board members and experts from Higher Education Institutions came to the Safe and Open Higher Education conference in Rotterdam.
The Dutch Approach
This conference dealt with the question how Higher Education Institutions can be both open and safe environments for students and staff.
During the day the perspectives of board members and experts were discussed, management approaches, for which you can use the manual MISH (pdf – 1,1 MB), and tools were presented. Please find below the keynotes and presentations during the day, including the workshops.
The next steps toward safe and open HEIs were formulated in the Rotterdam Declaration (pdf – 75 kB) and discussed from the broader EU perspective by the European guests. You can also watch the video with the panel discussion.
To view the program of the Safe and Open Higher Education conference, click here: Program Safe and Open (pdf – 1,3 MB)
- Alarming behaviour (pptx)
- Internationalisation and the Dutch approach (pptx)
- Crisis Management (English) (pptx)
- Cyber security and privacy challenges (pptx)
- Cyber security: awareness (pdf)
- Safe and open labservant (pptx)
- The international classroom (pptx)
- Governance (pptx)
Photos: Roy Borghouts Fotografie